I saw this a while back, and thought it was brilliant. I want a poster of it for my classroom. But in the meantime, look at it here. If you’re wondering, Am I really taking part in a rational argument here? Is my argument really based on reason? run your argument through this flowchart. I got it from here, but I think it originates with this guy.
- Linking to editorials should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the authors' views.
- Join me in congratulating Dr. Deb Aldrich, who defended her dissertation today! 13 hours ago
- I'm sure you never touch social media when you're sick, @TheColy101 13 hours ago
- RT @EmilySmiith: @aplangcomp Hey check out what @KATEEtheGREAT02 and @maddiegordon27 have me decked in! Want one? http://t.co/lVCk70jivC 1 day ago
- Oh my blog. That's really something. @EmilySmiith @KATEEtheGREAT02 @maddiegordon27 1 day ago
- RT @AmerWriteMuseum: RIP #GabrielGarciaMarquez, novelist, short story writer, screenwriter, journalist wapo.st/1maDGAG via @washingt… 5 days ago
Tags"The Want of Money" amusing cartoon pictures analogy Andrew Sullivan annotated bibliography AP Test argument argument from authority audio Bechdel Test Ben Shattuck big think blogging book reviews Chet Culver colons comic sans contests correlation crime death penalty ethics evidence exposition Farhad Manjoo filmmaking fonts Food Inc. France gay marriage gender Grammar Girl Harold Taw homework James Harbeck john corvino logical fallacies Louis Menand maggie gallagher Mary Beth Norton media metaphor Michio Kaku Nate Silver NPR OWL Penny War perfect persuasion Peter Singer prezi punctuation radio essays reading notebook research Rod Dreher Salem school Slate sleep statistics straw man test prep This American Life This I Believe tropes trustworthy sources typography University of Iowa usage video games William Hazlitt witchcraft women xkcd