Here’s the basic assignment.
All students must:
- maintain a blog;
- keep that blog linked to the Kennedy Blogs hub blog;
- make that blog available to me, either by opening it up to everyone, or specifically inviting me to read it (in Settings –> Permissions);
- write at least three posts per week; and
- write at least 1200 words per week.
Some guidelines that make this assignment easier:
- blog about topics of interest to you;
- keep links on the side of your blog that take you to sites you like to read, so you will always have new topics handy;
- don’t try to write all your posts in one day;
- feel free to change up your topics when necessary, or when you feel like it.
Some things I would like to consider, but am not yet requiring:
- embed images and video in your posts, when you think they would be of use to the reader/viewer;
- include links within the posts, to help the reader get to other related content that would be useful or interesting;
- consider your template, color scheme, and font, to make your blog appealing to look at and read.