Over the weekend I ran into Adam, a former Kennedy HS and AP Lang student. Sounds like he’s doing impressive things at Iowa State University these days, which is no surprise to anyone who knows him. But the reason I’m posting here about him is that he was blogging this year for Cyclone Life, a student organization at ISU. Among other things, now I know where I should eat the next time I’m in Ames. Thanks for sharing, Adam, and keep up the good work!
- Linking to editorials should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the authors' views.
- RT @DrAyersCHS: This is sneaky, and worth knowing. twitter.com/ddayen/status/… 1 year ago
- Programming note: I'll be transitioning over to my new account soon: @DrAyersCHS. For future tweets, join me there. 1 year ago
- I wonder if my AP Seminar students from last year could identify how the data from this graph is being misused... twitter.com/lordashcroft/s… 1 year ago
- @JFKBaseball Congratulations to you, Coach Hoyer. What an accomplishment. twitter.com/crkennedyhigh/… 1 year ago
- RT @stronglang: "We don't teach children to swear correctly. We just teach them not to swear." —@rebecca_roache wpr.org/power-and-hist… 1 year ago
Tags"The Want of Money" amusing cartoon pictures analogy Andrew Sullivan annotated bibliography AP Test argument argument from authority audio Bechdel Test Ben Shattuck big think blogging book reviews Chet Culver colons comic sans contests correlation crime death penalty ethics evidence exposition Farhad Manjoo filmmaking fonts Food Inc. France gay marriage gender Grammar Girl Harold Taw homework James Harbeck john corvino logical fallacies Louis Menand maggie gallagher Mary Beth Norton media metaphor Michio Kaku Nate Silver NPR OWL Penny War perfect persuasion Peter Singer prezi punctuation radio essays reading notebook research Rod Dreher Salem school Slate sleep statistics straw man test prep This American Life This I Believe tropes trustworthy sources typography University of Iowa usage video games William Hazlitt witchcraft women xkcd